Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 1: Part 1 As I avoided getting out of my comfortable bed this morning, I got a phone call from my uncle (which reminds me that I need to call him back). I've made some phone calls to people and trying to get in touch with them (Hotels and such). I've finally figured out how the phone works...type 0 before the number, and you don't need the 91. I still have trouble changing the SIM card, but the bell boy here has been kind enough to do it for me 3 times since I've been here. I wonder if he thinks I work for some spy agency? That would be cool (but I guess he'd figure i'd know how to do that then). Even while I avoided getting up, I got another call in my room from the reception reminding me that free breakfast ends at 10:30. I told them I wasn't hungry. They seemed surprised. But, 10 minutes later I walked myself down to check out the lavish breakfast that would be set up (sarcasm). Breakfast was quite delicious to my surprise. The waiters were really sweet. I kept asking for 'pani (water)' and they'd bring me random things like pineapple juice. "No no no ... paniiii ... like water" and then the light went off in his head. "Ohhh....just pani?"...yes...just pani. The coffee was a little strange, but not bad. I realized my pani was the only thing that costed me (Rs 81). A little ridiculous for water. I could have probably gone out of the hotel and got it for Rs20 or so, but I didn't mind paying that for a delicious omlette. So far, the hotel people are kind and the room is clean (except the mess i've created). I think I'll hang out in my room for some more time because the Indian Sun is not a kind one. I was only out for maybe 45 seconds or so as I went to get breakfast and I could feel it. It's not horrible, but definitely noticeable. I'll lay in the comforts of my room for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment