Monday, June 18, 2012

Arrived!

As the plane got closer to Delhi...I still have a hard time believing what is actually happening. I kept telling myself after each arrival and departure "you get a point". I think i'm going to keep giving myself points for everything that goes well. It was strange to land in Delhi. The airport is big and pretty, some cool art and architecture. I should have taken a picture, but I wasn't exactly concerned with taking out my camera and looking like a tourist there. The immigration took not more than a minute and then I was out on my own. I called Mr. Jaggi (My dad's friend's bodyguard) who is supposed to be picking me up from the airport. I had a little trouble finding him, but before panic came over, I decided to collect my baggage. I should have listened to my mom and gotten the other more stable bag...this one is kind of a stress. I'm glad it arrived not torn up though :D. After I finally found Mr. Jaggi, I had a variety of drinks waiting for me. I had some coconut water and that felt amazing! Delhi is a pretty city at least at 1:00AM. As I was saying before, after landing in the airport I felt like a foreigner. The people at the airport were helpful and once I checked into the hotel, the people here are also quite helpful. They may get a great review from me on tripadvisor. I'm going to try to feel less like a foreigner and embrace the culture. I shall try. My plan is to sleep for a couple of hours and then see what tomorrow has to bring (free breakfast for sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment