Thursday, May 31, 2012

India!

I've decided to go to INDIA for the summer. I'm freaking out now. WHY? Because I'm trying to travel North India all by MYSELF. I'm being scared from every corner about all the dangers that go along with being a girl, and moreover a girl alone in India! I really want to do this though for a few reasons. 1. I feel like my thought/thinking has become stagnant. I feel like my view on the world needs to change and for this I need to be placed outside of my comfort zone. This is a great opportunity for that? 2. I want to get to know my country. I was born and raised in this country for 11 years of my life and it's my Identity. I want to find out what it really means to be Indian. I want to see India by being an Indian. 3. I want to learn something. I don't know what exactly it is, but I feel like I'm missing a big chunk of lesson that will help me become a better doctor in the future. All these things are dandy and all, but try planning a trip to India by yourself? It's horrible and there are no travel packages available that don't cost billions of money. Well I'm going to have to do this trip by buses, trains and decent hotels. My trip will be for 10-11 days and then I'm going back to my hometown in the south (hyderabad). I think 10 days is enough out of my comfort zone. Planning this trip requires a lots of logistics and I'm so glad to have an amazing father who is not only being supportive of my trip, but also helping me with all the planning. He's the bestest ever! I understand that he's apprehensive about my trip, and he's still helping me plan it! It's amazing. I myself am obviously apprehensive about the whole thing and the closer the date gets (June 17th), the more apprehensive I'm getting. I haven't backed out yet, but the thought has crossed my mind multiple times. It's strange for the huge face bravery I seem to put up at times. I want to document my travels and write about my journey. So look forward to daily posts from now :D Scared to Death Good Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment